Temporary connection-related errors may occur when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update
0x8024402F -2145107921 WU_E_PT_ECP_SUCCEEDED_WITH_ERRORS
If you have a Wireless Router:-
In the security tab, make sure you aren't blocking AcitveX.
Stuck at "Checking for latest updates for your computer"
Possible reasons for the error code:-
- Internet Explorer temporary files corrupted.
- Background Intelligent and Event Log service not started
- SoftwareDistribution folder has become corrupted
- You may need to re-registered some dlls files
- You may need to add Windows Update to the Trusted Sites Zone:
- Third party programs running in background.
- ActiveX controls corrupted
Clearing Temporary Internet files, cookies and history in Internet Explorer
You’ll see Delete Cookies, Delete files, Delete History
NB: "Delete all offline content", will delete all files needed to browse the websites offline.
Reboot and try Windows Update again.
Check that the Background Intelligent Transfer Service to is set to Automatic and verify the Status is Started.
- Click Start, Choose Run, and in the Run box, type services.msc, Click OK
Locate the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service, and right-click to select it.
Select Properties, and in the Startup Type list, select Automatic. Verify the service Status is Started. Click OK.
- Check that the Set Event Log service is set to Automatic and verify that the Status is Started
Click Start, Choose Run, and in the Run box, type services.msc, Click OK.
Locate the Event Log service, and right-click to select it.
Select Properties., and in the Startup type list, select Automatic. Verify the Service status is Started. Click OK.
- Register qmgr.dll and qmgrprxy.dll
Click Start, Choose Run and in the Run box, type regsvr32 qmgr.dll, Click OK.
Click Start, Choose Run and in the Run box, type regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll, Click OK.
How do I reset the Windows Update settings?
Most popular at the moment: http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280684
Virus Removal Tool 2010
ESET online scanner
Rogue Security Software: http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rogue
Make sure you haven’t got anything blocking Windows Update like Nortons, Zonealarm etc
Also make sure you don’t have a Web Accelerator working in the background such as NetZerio, HiSpeed, Speedband etc.
If you need to reinstall the ActiveX controls (because they may have become corrupt):-
Follow this article -
The Windows Update Web site and the Microsoft Update Web site do not scan for updates when you repair a failed installation of Windows XP Service Pack 2 or of Windows XP Service Pack 1